Explore Sussex County YMCA Camps
HARDYSTON — Families are invited to the Sussex County YMCA on Sunday, March 24 from 10 a.m. till noon to explore the array of 2019 summer camps, including seven new choices.
The Sussex County YMCA will run 11 weeks of day camp for children ages 3 to 15. The traditional, sports and specialty camps build kids’ self-esteem, confidence and social skills in a fun, safe and enriching environment. Archery, arts and crafts, cooking, games, group swim lessons, nature/science activities, recreational swim, and sports are among the activities children can take part in, along with field trips. The new camps are:
• Pan American Sports: Campers play table tennis, golf, archery, water polo, badminton, baseball, basketball, volleyball and other sports.
• Flag Football: A fun, safe alternative to learning football.
• International Sports: Campers participate in sports from around the world including: bocce, cricket, flag rugby, muggle quidditch, tug of war, water basketball, gaga, and ultimate Frisbee.
• Top Chef: Campers develop culinary skills as they prepare dishes from global cultures and compete in team events.
• Sweets & Treats: Campers make candy, cake pops, cookies and learn cupcake decorating.
• Sewing Studio Plus: Campers learn to use a sewing machine and create several items.
• Memory Quilt: Campers design and sew their own memory quilt out of old clothing.
Camp details are available at sussexcountyymca.org. All Sussex County Y camps are accredited by the American Camp Association, and reading time and STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) lessons are incorporated into the curricula. Before- and after-camp care is available. The open house will be held at the YMCA, 15 Wits End Road in Hardyston. The Y will run another on Sunday, April 14. Call (973) 209-9622 for more information.